Resource Energy Solutions (RES), the leader in drilling and Well information management software solutions for the energy industry, announces they have now achieved System and Organization Controls (SOC 1) Type II compliance, a widely recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Achieving this compliance demonstrates how RES safeguards our clients data and maintains effective controls and strict measures to protect our clients data. The examination was performed by Grant Thornton.”With evermore data security breaches, and data dissemination, businesses need to have assurance that their data is safeguarded. This is why we have made it a priority to continue to invest in our security controls,” said Trent Marx, CEO of RES
SOC 1 Type II reports provide valuable information that customers need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
SOC 1 audited RES’s controls relevant to a customer’s financial reporting. The audit included RES’s Wellman Next Gen Drilling Data Lifecycle and Well Information solution.
“For over 20 years, we remain committed to the safety and security of our Wellman Platform. This was just further validated when auditors confirmed our dedication to the continuous implementation and monitoring of appropriate technologies and procedures to Protect Security and Controls of our Clients Data” said Trent Marx.
SOC 1 Key Benefits
- Ascertaining that RES has the necessary security processes and procedures in place to provide high-quality services to our clients
- Examining the rules and processes that we have in place which are critical to your organization’s operations.
- Ensuring clients that your personal information is secure, and fostering overall confidence between RES and users of our software and solutions
- Internal blinders are removed as employees may not perceive or identify weaknesses that only an expert auditor can
- Making our operations, policies and procedures stronger as our business grows and the industry evolves
About Resource Energy Solutions
RES’s new Web & Cloud based SaaS application provides energy operators the ability to view vital operational data across the entire life cycle.
Wellman is a Best-in-Class Enterprise Well data management software that monitors and controls all in-field daily costs and activities, including construction, drilling, completion, facilities, pipeline, workovers, abandonment, and reclamation.