Are you interested in working for the world’s fastest-growing well data management software company? RES is providing significant career growth opportunities and are looking for the brightest talent available.
Resource Energy Solutions has been developing and perfecting software solutions for the oil and gas industry for over ten years. We have ambitious plans for continued software development and corporate growth. We also know we can’t get there on our own. We need the skill of talented, creative, determined, and dedicated employees.
Our flagship products, Wellman and AFE Manager, are top rated but we are never happy with the status quo; we are always looking for ways to better serve our clients by improving our technology and services. As an example, this year we introduced EMPACT + COMS, an in-field cost-tracking and capital expenditure information system covering the entire life cycle of the mining process.
We are focused on creating the best data management information systems for the natural resource industry. Why? Because the natural resource industry is one of the most critical industrial segments in every economy today. It affects every aspect of our daily lives, and we want to play a role in helping it become more cost-effective and efficient.
Population growth will inexorably propel global demand for new mineral and energy sources that will require resource companies to improve their operational efficiencies.
Resource Energy Solutions has an exciting opportunity available for a Junior Software Development Engineer. The incumbent will be responsible for coding, testing, and implementing software products. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions then Resource Energy Solutions may be a fit for you.
- Review, analyze, program, deploy and challenge software products
- Write automated unit & feature tests
- Provide with documentation at every step
- Working experience of BPMN 2.0, XML, XSD, JSON
- Working experience workflow processes, Business Rules and Rules engine
- Working experience of any of the Open Source BPM
- Hands on experience on BPMS implementations process design, form design, rules
- Very strong Web design and development experience, including HTML, AJAX, CSS, JS;
- Experience in relational database design and knowledge of at least one of these databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or Oracle,
- Strong experience of web development framework using React, Bootstrap. Highly desirable
- Net Core
- Strong experience in Restful Web Services
- Understanding of Agile development methodology;
- Experience with Web Services-security, application security;
- Ability to work under pressure and in high paced environment; and
- Knowledge of RDBMS and basic SQL (DDL & DML)
- General knowledge of non-relational databases
- Working experience with ESB/Web Services, Reactive Micro Services, etc.
- Experience in Testing and test script execution
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall development methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 0-2 years of Development Experience.
We are Resource Energy Solutions Inc., a Calgary-based company providing innovative software and data management solutions to the oil, gas, and mining industries. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, think “outside the box” sales professionals. We have a great team of individuals and we are looking for that perfect person to join us as we grow into bigger and better things.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being a part of our winning team, email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please type “Intermediate Web Developer” in the subject line of your e-mail.
This role is responsible for developing leading edge software applications including developing code, testing, and implementing software products. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are dynamic, self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions then Resource Energy Solutions may be a fit for you.
Why Work at Resource Energy Solutions:
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee performance bonus plan
- Flexible hours / Casual work environment
- Competitive generous health benefits
- Technical leadership and mentoring of RES’s Web/UI team
- Development of architecture roadmap of RES’s Web/UI Stack
- Identification and implementation of development best practices, including Design and Code Reviews, Unit Tests and Test Automation
- Driving innovation using latest Web/UI technologies
- Inculcate a culture of out of the box thinking, exploration and problem solving within the team
- Build a reliable and performing Web/UI platform
- Strong Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET MVC, rest API, Entity Framework
- React-js knowledge, node-js
- Strong experience with MS SQL and Mongo databases
- Strong knowledge of code-first development, LINQ
- Understand common design patterns
- Strong knowledge of dependency injection
- Comfortable using Git and Git branches to manage codebases
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and MS or Diploma in Computer Engineering program
- 10+ years Software development skills
Nice-to-haves (but not required)
- NET Core, Entity Framework Core
- Graph and other non SQL databases
- NoSQL / Redis
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo, SourceTree
- Knowledge of the oil/gas industry and the data involved
We Are Resource Energy Solutions Inc., a Calgary-based company providing innovative software and data management solutions to the Oil & Gas and Mining industries. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, think “outside the box” professionals. We have a great team of individuals and are looking for that perfect person to join us as we grow into bigger and better things.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being a part of our winning team, email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include
“I want to work with the top people, because only they have the courage and the confidence and risk seeking profile that you need.”